Imagine… a scoopful of dreamy gelato, the juiciest fruits, and cherries glazed to perfection – straight outta Portofino. Paciugo, which translates to “delicious chaos” in Italian, is a gelato marvel as iconic as the lavish yachts that grace Portofino’s waters. You might raise an eyebrow thinking, “How’s this Italian?” – well, it’s as authentic as Ligurian focaccia!
Born in the 1940s at Caffè Excelsior, a timeless hub since 1924, it has lured both the A-listers and those on a sweet-tooth pilgrimage.
Feeling the vibe? 🎶 Try recreating this Italian delight:
🍧 The Paciugo Genovese: Gelato Symphony in 15 Minutes** 🎻
📝 For The Quartet (4 servings):
– 🍓 8 oz./250 g. strawberry gelato
– 🍦 8 oz./250 g. cream or fiordilatte gelato (or the old-school vanilla if you’re in a pinch)
– 🍫 8 oz./250 g chocolate gelato
– 🥛 ½ cup/120 g fresh cream
– 🍒 30-32 glazed Amarena cherries & blueberries
– 🍓 strawberries
– 🍑 peaches
– 🍪 4 soft amaretti biscuits
Crafting the Masterpiece 🎨:
1. Layered Love: Into 4 grand glasses, cascade 2-3 scoops of gelato, letting the flavors of strawberry, cream, and chocolate dance.
2. Fruit Fantasy: Crown the gelato with two generous dollops of diced blueberries, followed by 2-3 Amarena cherries and a splash of their syrup. Sprinkle the glasses with amaretti biscuit magic.
3. Encore! Double down with another dose of gelato, diced fruits, cherries, and that syrupy goodness.
4. Cream Cloud: Whip that fresh cream and with a pastry bag’s finesse, adorn each glass with luscious cream swirls and some cherry bling.
🔄 Customize it! Mix up the fruits based on your groove or the season’s rhythm. Add a wafer or cookie for the grand finale!
Dive in and savor the Portofino magic! 🍨✨🚤